It’s the first long weekend of the summer and I’m just itching for it to arrive! This weekend our family as well as my sisters and their families will beat a path to the cottage. I have to say part of the fun for me is planning the menu and who’s bringing what.
I’ve been on the hunt to finish off some of the cottage projects that I started with my Mom in the spring so this weekend the SUV will be brimming with food and finds. I thought it would be fun to do a “I’m on the way to the cottage and in my trunk you’ll find” post :)
1. Us Cross girls are famous for our ability to consume copious amounts of cheese, no happy hour is complete without one. Local Balderson Cheese is a family favourite!
2. Green glass tea light holders from Bowering are going to look gorgeous on the deck, both during the day and lit at dinner.
3. I’m in love with my new Cobi style pillows from Dreamweaver Gifts in Westboro. The indoor/outdoor fabric means I can use them in the living room & on the sun porch…genius
4. The lantern style reading light from Urban Barn is the perfect edition to the newly complete dorm style bedroom.(see photo below)
5. It’s a long weekend and it starts with drinks on the deck, well actually every weekend kicks off in that manner! My, Mom, sisters and I head for the flavoured vodka. “Waiter: lemon vodka, cranberry juice, soda and a lemon wedge all around please” Cheers!
6. Winners has a huge selection of lanterns at amazing prices. I picked up 2 sizes
7. While at Winners I also found sumptuous Tommy Hilfiger towels that are going to look amazing on the dock. That chevron print is everywhere right now.
So I’m off to get a jump on packing. For more cottage inspiration checkout our feature in this months Ottawa at Home.
Happy Canada Day!